Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All Knowing Father

All-knowing Father who reigns on high above the highest mountains of the earth.

The height of Your knowledge traces the sky and its depth examines every valley, even deep into the crevices of my heart. "You have searched me and you know me."

Examine my motives and let there be found none that displease You.

Open my ears and I shall hear; my eyes and I shall see. For I long to know You, as You know me--fully and completely.

Yet, I know You are too wonderful for me, too marvelous to comprehend. Then I pray, merely extend this limit of knowledge.

Let this righteous pursuit to know You continue on for eternity, for I could think of no greater bliss!

Surely, heaven is knowing You!

(Café 311, Chicago IL. September 18, 2009)

1 comment:

  1. Can't thank you enough for that Puritan prayer book. My last time sharing at church in Dallas I used a passage from it to encourage the body.

    ReplyDelete