Monday, September 20, 2010

O Holy One


Teach me to walk in Your Holy ways;
even when it's not convenient,
even when it's painful.

Teach me to love with a selfless spirit;
to consider myself low and others high,
to consider myself a servant to all.

Teach me to fear You alone, Almighty One.
You, who conduct lightning to strike where you will,
You, who have destined a spot for each drop of rain to fall upon,
and You, who catch the winds in Your hands and rebuke them to silence.

Though I grasp not Your greatness,
I shudder at the glimpses Your grace reveals to me through Your son Jesus.
They leave me utterly breathless...

My body shall be fully abandoned to You, o Holy One.
For I will think of Your goodness all day and night,
and my heart will rejoice with thankfulness to You my God, and my King.

I thank and praise You late into the night.
Your love endures forever and Your mercies are new every morning.

May You be glorified always!

1 comment:

  1. I love you.
    I love your heart.
    I love your writing.
    I love that you're putting it out there so we can all enjoy it.
    I love being your wife.

    :)

    ReplyDelete