Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To You O Lord I Turn

To You O Lord I turn my whole heart,
To You and only You.

My former ways are past;
You are my portion forever.

I will consecrate myself to You, dedicating my
                                                                         thoughts
                                                                                words
                                                                                      actions
And my one and only pursuit to the glory of Your Name, oh Great one!

Your excellent will transcends the purest of ways.

Your knowledge reaches into the depths of the earth and far out beyond the stars -- it is complete.

The wisest of men understands but a fraction of Your goodness, for Your ways are higher and greater than any one man can dare to imagine.

My soul faints before You;
yea, my frail frame fails and I become like a dead man before Your throne.

But You, oh Lifter of my head, restore strength to my feeble bones and breathe into my nostrils the breath of life, which I exhale in praise to You.

Praise the Lord, o my soul, and let every fiber of my body exist in thankfulness to the One in whom I live and move and have my being! Praise the Lord!

Amen.

(Café 311, Chicago. September 16, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment